- How to Lose a Double Chin in 5 Days
- What Does it Mean to Have a Double Chin?
- What Causes Double Chins?
- 7 Exercises to Get Rid of a Double Chin – Fast
- Does Neck-Firming Cream Really Help?
- What is a Neck Exerciser? Can it Really Work Out My Double Chin?
- Double Chins are a Problem, But You Don’t Have to be Stuck with It
How to Lose a Double Chin in 5 Days
Nobody likes having a double chin, but so many individuals feel that there is nothing they can do about it. People of all sizes and lifestyles can experience the bothersome accumulation of fat between the chin and neck – so, no, double chins aren’t just a weight issue.
Sometimes, even genetics can have a role to play in the development of double chins! So, what can you do about a double chin if you don’t want to be stuck with it? Fortunately, there’s plenty you can do to eliminate or reduce the appearance of a double chin.
In this article, I’ll answer your burning questions about double chins, including how to lose double chin in 5 days. Double chin causes and how to get rid of them. Exercises, creams and even specialized neck exercising equipment can be used to combat the extra fat beneath your chin. By following the advice below, you could banish your double chin in as few as five days!
What Does it Mean to Have a Double Chin?
Have you seen an extra “roll” of fat beneath your chin when you look in the mirror? This is known as a double chin, or submental fat. Many people attribute a double chin to weight gain, but weight isn’t the exclusive cause of this common problem. One does not have to be overweight to have a double chin, nor do all overweight individuals have double chins.
There are several causes that can contribute to the presence of this extra fat. In many cases, one or more causes can compound each other to enhance the appearance of a double chin.
What Causes Double Chins?
While many double chins are caused by weight gain, other factors that contribute to their development are age and genetics. Even your posture can affect the profile of your chin.
If a person’s family has a history of double chins and/or loose skin, this can make it nearly inevitable that the individual will struggle with this problem. Genetics influence appearances and fat distribution quite tremendously.
The most commonly suspected cause of double chins is weight gain. It makes sense to think that if you’ve put on a few pounds, it might show up under your chin. High-calorie diets filled with processed and fatty foods can certainly cause pounds to pile on quickly, and it’s not like anyone can pick where excess body fat goes.
The older a person gets, the less elasticity their skin will naturally possess. This results in looser skin, including the skin beneath one’s chin, which may contribute to the appearance of a double chin.
Do you slouch? That could be the cause of your double chin! Poor posture leads to a weakening of muscles that you would be using if your poster were improved.
7 Exercises to Get Rid of a Double Chin – Fast
Just like any other part of your body, your chin area can and should be exercised. By making use of these seven chin exercises, you could effectively bid farewell to your double chin in a matter of days. I also recommend using these exercises if you don’t have a double chin, as a preventative measure.
These exercises will not only help to tone your chin area, but they can improve posture as well. I’ve broken these exercises down to step-by-step procedures for ease of understanding.
Whistle at the Ceiling
- Look up at the ceiling while standing or sitting (not lying down).
- Pucker your lips as if you are whistling at the ceiling. This stretches the area beneath the chin.
- Hold this pose for several seconds.
- Return your head to its regular position. Repeat the exercise as desired.
Jut Out Your Jaw
- While standing or sitting, tilt your head back to look at the ceiling.
- Push your lower jaw forward. This stretches the area beneath the chin.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds.
- Relax your jaw and return your head to its normal position.
Have a Ball
- Obtain a 9 to 10-inch ball.
- Place the ball beneath your chin.
- Press your chin downward, against the ball.
- Repeat as many as 25 times daily.
Stretch Your Neck
- Tilt your head back to look at the ceiling while you are standing or sitting.
- Press your tongue against the roof of your mouth to stretch the chin area.
- Hold your head and tongue in place for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Repeat as desired.
Do “the Lion Yawn”
- Open your mouth while standing or sitting.
- Stick out your tongue, as far as it will go. This will cause the muscles of your chin and neck to stretch.
- Keep your tongue extended for 10 seconds.
- Repeat as many as ten times before moving on to a different exercise.
Flex Your Pout
- While standing or sitting, stick out your bottom lip as if you’re pouting.
- Hold this position for three seconds.
- While your lip is still pouted outward, tilt your chin toward your chest.
- Hold this position for three seconds.
- Repeat ten to 20 times.
Chew Some Gum
Believe it or not, gum chewing can be a pretty handy workout for your jaw! If you suspect that weight gain could be the reason for your double chin, this can also help you to reduce your calorie intake. Gum chewing works on two levels to tackle double chins, especially when paired with any of the exercises above.
Does Neck-Firming Cream Really Help?
Many people with double chins and signs of sagging skin will make use of a neck-firming cream to compound the effectiveness of chin exercises. These creams are applied topically and can help stave off surgery or other medical procedures that some will resort to when desperate to banish their extra chin fat. These products target necks quite specifically to help lift and firm the skin that your usual skin care routine might ignore.
If you are noticing the signs of a double chin forming, it certainly doesn’t hurt to invest in a neck-firming cream. When combined with proper neck and chin exercises, your results could be fabulous!
Neck-firming creams all operate in different ways to target problematic neck skin. Most formulations will have one or more of these benefits:
- Tightening and firming of neck skin.
- Specific formulation for mature skin.
- Lifting of neck skin.
- Improvement of skin tone and texture.
- Improved collagen formation.
- Increased elasticity of neck skin.
There are dozens of specialized neck-firming creams on the market. You should consider your own budget, skin type and desired effects before committing to a purchase of any option.
What is a Neck Exerciser? Can it Really Work Out My Double Chin?
For those who struggle due to pain or other circumstances, a neck exerciser can be a valuable piece of equipment to have around the house. There are different types of exercising machines specially designed for chins and necks, with each type intended for a different purpose. Some will help increase muscle mass while others correct posture and prevent straining of the neck muscles.
A quality exercising tool will work out the neck’s flexor, extensor and rotator muscles. No matter the type of machine used, you should start slowly when you first make use of an exerciser. If the exerciser is weighted, start with a small amount of weight initially and build up from there. Your neck is just like any other muscle in the body – it needs exercise, but there is such a thing as overdoing it!
Neck exercisers are a saving grace for those with chronic pain or injury who need to rehabilitate their necks. They also help to tackle poor posture, which is one of the causes behind double chins. There is no reason not to incorporate a neck exerciser into your routine if you’re serious about getting rid of a double chin. Just go slowly, avoid straining yourself, and stop if anything starts to hurt.
Double Chins are a Problem, But You Don’t Have to be Stuck with It
Even if your double chin is caused by something other than weight gain, there is a lot that you can do to minimize its appearance and even banish it entirely. In the content above, I discussed many ways to tackle this commonplace problem:
- Changing a high-calorie diet.
- Using exercises like the seven listed above.
- Making use of a high-quality neck-firming cream.
- Buying and using a neck exerciser.
- Improving posture.
Double chins aren’t something that you have to live with if you don’t want to. Unfortunately, far too many people are of this mindset and simply sigh with resignation when they look at their double chin in a mirror.
There is so much that can be done about this problem, as the information above reveals. Don’t settle for an appearance that you aren’t happy with. You can reduce and outright get rid of your double chin quickly if you make an active effort to do so. And without surgery or any other cosmetic procedure, too!
CARE TO COMMENT?
I hope you found our How to Lose a Double Chin in 5 Days article useful.
Now, tell us:
- Did we miss something?
If so, leave us a quick comment and let us know!